Tuesday, May 24, 2011

By His cuts we are healed....

THIS STORY IS FROM OF ONE OF THE GIRLS I MET AFTER ONE OF MY CONCERTS, AND IS BEING SHARED WITH HER PERMISSION:

"As a 6 yr old child I was raped for 3 years by a couple of neighborhood teenage boys. I realized at age 11 what had happened to me and I then had to attend counseling which didn't go well because I was too afraid to talk to anyone about it. I grew up in church and received Jesus as my Savior when I was 13. I got baptized a week later. I attended church camp throughout my teen years and enjoyed it very much. When I was 16 I began cutting. I don't really remember why though."


After reading this story here in my living room, I'm staring outside my window at the sun dancing through the tree's wondering how many girls are taking knives to their arms to medicate the pain of life. For me, I see the beauty all around me, but for many other girls, darkness is eating away at their souls and even the sun looks gray to them.

When we suffer abuse it haunts us, it causes an overwhelming feeling of fear and shame. The young woman in this story was not at fault for being raped at age 6, she's not at fault for not being able to tell anyone until she was 11. She was a victim and God's tears flowed down over her situation. God sent His son Jesus to this earth because He knew evil things would be done and many people would need a Savior and a healer. God knew this little girl would need to be healed from the pain caused by the sins of the boys who raped her.

My personal story is not one of rape but there were many painful abusive situations I faced as a child. I remember when the darkness tried to overtake my existence as young woman. I remember wishing that I was dead. What stopped me from hurting myself? The Word of God.

I had to believe with a ton of faith God had plans to prosper me and did not plan to harm me and that God would give me a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

I began to come to God, pray to Him, listen to Him and look to Him with ALL my heart and God came to me and healed me slowly day by day. Jeremiah 29:12-13

The young lady in the story above shared with me that she is now praying and calling out to God with all of her heart and reading the Word of God, and she is losing the desire to cut herself. She is listening to God's word and is trusting He has a good future for her. She is now finding JOY!

She is realizing that Christ already took on her pain and even suffered so she would not have to bring pain to herself. In the Bible Isaiah 53:5 says:

He was wounded(Cut, Pierced) for our rebellious acts. He was crushed for our sins. He was punished so that we could have peace, and we received healing from his wounds.

The cutting, piercing, wounds and scars have already been taken on by Jesus so YOU and I can have peace and healing.

If you or someone you know is "cutting" please know God knows the pain you have inside and if you call on Jesus and trust Him He will be what you need to get through the darkness and start living in the light and in joy. He was cut for us, we don't have to bear those scars. FOR HELP VISIT: To Write Love on Her Arms website:

http://www.twloha.com/
I love you-
Shuree

To respond to this or to share you story, comment here or send me a personal email to shureerivera@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Praying that through your honesty, many who have felt broken/hurt/abused/etc. will be healed and restored through the amazing power of God's love.

    ReplyDelete